Most difficult fish to catch!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
For me, denison’s barb. Not only does their speed make them tricky to catch, they also have a habit of jumping back out of the net!

Kuhlis definitely. You've to drain any tank to get those. If you're lucky it is a 10G. Otherwise you're having a little bit less of luck hahahaha

BN Babies

Mum & Dad were a pain to catch but the babies.....sheesh.....they are insufferable little Houdini fish that cause much swearing (and soggy t-shirts) when trying to catch the blighters

When people would come into the store I caught fish at as a teenager, and say they wanted one individual zebra danio in a tank of a hundred. They would stand there pointing and say that one, constantly pointing at different fish, until they looked away and were delighted with whatever one blundered into the net. Good times. Grrrr.

1. Your username is really appropriate for this thread :p
2. All I can think of is the "Fast AF boi" meme when you say that about your tetras lol

When people would come into the store I caught fish at as a teenager, and say they wanted one individual zebra danio in a tank of a hundred. They would stand there pointing and say that one, constantly pointing at different fish, until they looked away and were delighted with whatever one blundered into the net. Good times. Grrrr.

This. I also used to work at a pet store and people would do this with neon tetras a lot for whatever reason. So annoying.

When I buy fish I want one specific fish and I won't leave without that fish lol🤣🤣 I can be really annoying but I deffinitely don't point at different fish lol😂

Most of my wild molly and wild swordtail strains are hard to catch...

Are you talking about net catching or including the bottle trap? Only time the trap failed me was with neolamprologus multifasciatus, as it refused to get out of the shell. Even removing the shell achieves nothing, cause it is not possible to get the fish out of the shell. It would rather die.

I use to help out at some stores in the past as well. And this is so recognizable... And they were so sure that they saw one that was a bit different than all the others. But no one could notice that particular one while catching...

In this case, I believe the abbreviation stands for "fast as fish."

I once had to empty a tank to catch a red tailed shark. Those things can MOVE when they want to. Rainbowfish and hoplo cats also rank among my all time least favorites to catch. I once had a multi-week hunt to remove a disruptive hoplo. The ladies at the office started calling me Captain Ahab...

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back