Mosquitos.

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Hate using chemicals on him due to the fact that he is always licking and such on himself. Just trying to keep him in the safe part of the yard. The skeeters are just real bad here this year. We can hardly stand to be in our garden.

Have you tried to smoke your yard? Might get rid of a few of them. R

Works for a few hours, then their bad as always again.

One of my friends suggest I mow, but then I wouldn't have as much time here.... :)

Mossies are from the family called Culicidae. The're bloodsuckers. I know you know a few of those about. :laugh:
However their lifestyle is to home into something warm. Too hot and they avoid it,too cold they become dozy. what I may suggest is that you put a doggie coat over him with a repellent on the coat. It may just work.

All I can say is it serves you right for taking a whizz in the yard. must have raised the water levels and the humidity.

On a sane note,(incredible huh?), this is the trouble. I have almost three acres. One whole acre is heavily wooded and real low, like you have around a lake. In it is about a 60x100 ft area that is full of standing water because of the above average amount of rain we have had this year. It usually dries up by summer, but not this year. 100 ft away is Lake huron.
Because of the previous dry years, the lake level is down about four feet! This has left an area of about 100 acres in what was once a small bay to turn to marsh. So, the breeding areas for mosquitos is more than I can get a handle on. It's suffer time baby!!

Hey! I just remembered. I found an aerial geological survey photo of my area online once. Maybe I can find i again and you guys can see where I live! :)

Found it! Here is the area whee I live. Town is at the top of the pic. Sits in the large bay you see.The big picture

South side of town South side of town

Closer.Closer yet

Center if pic is large public beach. I am at the bottom middle from there,closer still

I am on the left side on the middle road, at the top. My house is the one that runs horizontal. My garden lot is in back, running all the way to the road on the left. The building below mine that runs parallell to the road is the Neighbors garage I am buying. So I wiil own all the way to the stream in the picture.My house

Cool pics. GL. Look like a rough terrain though,or is that just the aeriel photos? Look like a nice area. :thumbs:

Just the aerials. I live in a big river delta, so it is pretty flat. IF you maneuver the pic around, you can see where the river is.

Great Lakes,

I thought mosquitos were bad in Texas ,until I visited IN were my husband grew up.  He lived on 2 acres behind a county park called Oakland Prairie in Griffith, IN.  Mosquitos there were horrible.  You couldn't go outside and walk through the park for two seconds without being eaten alive.   :angry: .  Anyway I hope all goes well your mosquito problem or you at least have the patience to deal with them.  

Faye :D

Faye, welcome to the site! Another body from the USA. Join us often and don't be afraid to jump in with both feet. We have a riot here, it's about more than just fish, it's a way of life.. :laugh: :laugh:

Still in Texas, or get washed away yet? :)

Still in Texas.  I didn't get washed away the all the rains last month.  I think the news said we had 24 days in a row of rain in the veiwing area.   Some of my friends however were trapped  couldn't get out for several days due to flooding.

It's great to be here.  Thanks for the welcome

Faye  8)

Most reactions

trending

Back