Morning Everyone. Stocking List and questions.

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
That is unfortunate they told you wrong... the tank the mentioned (the backup tank) is to small for neon tetras, even for a short time.

Unfortunately, your only option right now, is to give them back to your LFS, sorry... :/

Apistogramma species will be more suitable for cooler water. They are interesting fish.
The most popular species is the Cacatuoides.

Yes they are lovely fish too! Can't take the Rams back till thursday at the earliest they are doing brilliant in 25.5 temp. Apparently the LFS keeps them at 25. FACEPALM!

Im firmly of the belief that miss selling fish is part of the aquatic industry business plan.
Absolutely convinced of it. My first stock for a 60cm/24" length tank was a rainbow shark, 2 angel fish, a Black Molly & a platy. Only a platy is ok in the that tank.

Absolutely convinced of it. My first stock for a 60cm/24" length tank was a rainbow shark, 2 angel fish, a Black Molly & a platy. Only a platy is ok in the that tank.

In it for the money. Can anyone advice anywhere online to get fish from?

In it for the money. Can anyone advice anywhere online to get fish from?

Ah you can't blame them too much - they've shop rent & bills to pay & a home mortgage/rent & bills too.

I'm in Ireland so not useful suggestions for online shop. But plenty here from UK. I have ordered items from Swell.co.uk (not fish but fish equipment) and delivery here was great.

Ah you can't blame them too much - they've shop rent & bills to pay & a home mortgage/rent & bills too.

I'm in Ireland so not useful suggestions for online shop. But plenty here from UK. I have ordered items from Swell.co.uk (not fish but fish equipment) and delivery here was great.

Yes I do use Swell. Very good site. pro-shrimp is also good.

Im firmly of the belief that miss selling fish is part of the aquatic industry business plan.

Indeed, but what really confuses me about fishkeeping stores, why do they do this deliberate misleading advice and selling products and poor choices of livestock that they probably are aware won’t be any good in tank size etc and therefore once the customer realises the store keeper does not care so the customer likely won’t return so it’s very short term gain for little money and little profit

But if they gave good advice, sell relevant products and suitable livestock and basically offer a good service then the customer will likely be a returning customer long term so that’s long term gain which leads to more profits, win win for everyone!

That’s common good business sense is it not?

(edited to remove charlie's quote as message ran too long)

I think so but I also reckon not everyone gets hooked like us. Some will just think "fish die" and get more. You see sometimes ppl come here & get really defensive & refuse to change stock or tank because their fish are "fine".

(edited to remove charlie's quote as message ran too long)

I think so but I also reckon not everyone gets hooked like us. Some will just think "fish die" and get more. You see sometimes ppl come here & get really defensive & refuse to change stock or tank because their fish are "fine".

Well my Rams are doing well but feel I cant provide what I need for them! However I do love them! I have setup my old 125L Fluval tank this morning. Added some old media will give it 5 days and do some water tests. Then I will give them that tank.

Well my Rams are doing well but feel I cant provide what I need for them! However I do love them! I have setup my old 125L Fluval tank this morning. Added some old media will give it 5 days and do some water tests. Then I will give them that tank.

PS the wife will go mad when she comes back from work! But I did buy her a horse last month

I definitely mean any criticism towards you (in case it read that way). I had Plecos that were active and I assume happy but they'd have outgrown the tank quickly. I had to re-home as their tank requirements were too big. Great you have another tank option so you can keep your Rams. It's easy to get attached to a favourite fish. I think it's about a month since I donated mine & I still miss them

I definitely mean any criticism towards you (in case it read that way). I had Plecos that were active and I assume happy but they'd have outgrown the tank quickly. I had to re-home as their tank requirements were too big. Great you have another tank option so you can keep your Rams. It's easy to get attached to a favourite fish. I think it's about a month since I donated mine & I still miss them
I think you meant to have a “dont” in there.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back