Morning Everyone. Stocking List and questions.

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Metta

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hey,

So inside my 240l Fluval tank I have;

Neon Tetra x8
Juli Cory x8
Galaxy Rasbora x8
Copper Rasbora x9
Blue Rams x2

How does my stocking look do I have room for plenty more? I also have a question I bought the blue rams yesterday at my LFS. They told me they would be perfect with what I currently have. After getting them home and researching them I really need my temp at about 25C-26C nothing above. But they seem to only thrive at about 27C.

Has anyone kept these together?

25 - 26 - 27 isn't too much differential and temperature swings will be greater than this in the wild.
I suppose you got a pair of rams with intentions of breeding them. The rams are fussy in choice of mates and just because you might have a male and a female doesn't mean they'll get on together. Also I find that rams can be bitchy if they are in a tank with similar size/colour fish.

240 ltires is a fair size to have CPD's and Copper Rasboras as the main "entertainment". I suspect you'll not see them much if the tank is heavily planted.
I would add (in fact I have already done this myself) some Purple Emperor Tetras and Asian Rummynose. Water parameters would need investigation though.

25 - 26 - 27 isn't too much differential and temperature swings will be greater than this in the wild.
I suppose you got a pair of rams with intentions of breeding them. The rams are fussy in choice of mates and just because you might have a male and a female doesn't mean they'll get on together. Also I find that rams can be bitchy if they are in a tank with similar size/colour fish.

240 ltires is a fair size to have CPD's and Copper Rasboras as the main "entertainment". I suspect you'll not see them much if the tank is heavily planted.
I would add (in fact I have already done this myself) some Purple Emperor Tetras and Asian Rummynose. Water parameters would need investigation though.

I'm to believe the Rams are a bonded pair. They are swimming together one is male and one is female. So far no fighting as of yet.

Blue Rams need warm water, at least 27C .

They can become territorial. Monitor their behaviour with the smaller fish (Galaxy Rasboras)

Blue Rams need warm water, at least 27C .

They can become territorial. Monitor their behaviour with the smaller fish (Galaxy Rasboras)

LFS told me they are peaceful community fish. Temp of around 25. So I fell in love and bought them. To get home and look online to research them "usually research before hand" was a last minute thing. To find they don't do good in lower temps. Now I don't know what to do as I love them.

I agree, Rams and neons won’t work together, because of the temperature issue.

LFS told me they are peaceful community fish. Temp of around 25. So I fell in love and bought them. To get home and look online to research them "usually research before hand" was a last minute thing. To find they don't do good in lower temps. Now I don't know what to do as I love them.
You shouldn’t take the advice of your LFS, they are usually very wrong. :no:

I now know this :(. I'm willing to rehome the neons if the others would work I do love the Rams. I have a small tank ready to setup. So Neons could go in there.

An unfortunate situation to be in at the moment.

How small is the small tank that you have ready to set up?

An unfortunate situation to be in at the moment.

How small is the small tank that you have ready to set up?

It's a nano tank, 35L I wanted to make a small shrimp tank out of it. I guess these Rams will not work with everything else I have in right now.

35 litres is a little small for either the neons or the rams am afraid, what are the dimensions of the tank exactly.

If it’s a long tank of say about 60cm then maybe that’s ok short term but either put the neons or the rams in there for very short term and quickly get a larger tank or rehome the neons, not great choices am afraid.

Even if I was to rehome the Neons to my brother into his large community tank the rams still would not be at the right temp with the galaxys. I think I may even have to take the rams back to the LFS.

Ah :/

Maybe this can be a good excuse to get another tank just for the rams ;)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back