More than one betta

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

I believe you can only put them together when they are ready to mate. Then the male must be taken out. Maybe others will have a more definite answer.

Faye

usualy it's not a good idea as if the female isn't ready to spawn the male will attack her. It can be done with varying degrees of success. though if both are very young but nature may take it's course eventualy.

Can you put a mle and female in one tnk without them killing eachother

It depends... like what is your tank size.. And there should be lots of plant for female to escape.

Mrs GL did it in a 90gal. All went well twixt the two bettas. It ended up being a powder blue gourami that took exception to the pimping of the male betta, thus ending the romance

faye said:
I believe you can  only put them together when they are ready to mate. Then the male must be taken out.  Maybe others will have a more definite answer.
Just to point out a little mistake. i didn't spot before.
It's the female you need to remove after spawning. Ideal to a hospital tank to recover from the stress.
It's the male that looks after the eggs in the nest.
Sorry faye.

It's a miracle they manage to reproduce in the wild. The female is removed after laying her eggs in the male's bubble nest, then the male tends to the eggs and the female leaves. I think they go it right as far as that goes ;)

It's a miracle they manage to reproduce in the wild. The female is removed after laying her eggs in the male's bubble nest, then the male tends to the eggs and the female leaves. I think they go it right as far as that goes ;)
Well in the wild, the female swims away after mating. She can't do that in the confines of a tank.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back