More tetra fry

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Retired Viking

Fish Connoisseur
Reaction score
Last night while checking my 55 gallon tank I spotter two more very small red eye tetra fry hiding under the moss balls (they sure like to do that) :yahoo:This morning while feeding the fish the first fry came out and was eating with the neon and embers until the red eye tetras showed up and he quickly fled into the plants to hide. As soon as the red eyed tetras left he was back out. He is almost the same size as the small ember tetras. I took pictures of him. He moved to the other side of the tank from where the other fry are . Then today while working on my new tank I see a baby shrimp swimming in it.:oh: Must have moved him when I moved some plants and moss balls to the new tank. At this rate I will be able to open a pet store in a year or two.:hyper:

Attachments

• fry 3.PNG
    fry 3.PNG
    85.9 KB · Views: 123
  • fry 4.PNG
    fry 4.PNG
    167.8 KB · Views: 134
My guess is there will be a few more. They will come out once they are confident they are no longer food.

My guess is there will be a few more. They will come out once they are confident they are no longer food.
Your right saw another one tonight, he was larger then the two I saw last night but not as big as the first one.

This is the largest fry he is now the size of a ember tetra-they grow fast. He was by two other fry one half his size and a smaller one. I tried to get a group picture but they all went into the plants. He came back out a few seconds later. It looks like the tetra have been busy since it appear they had 3 broods of fry. He is out with the neon tetras waiting for me to feed them.

Attachments

• fry 5.PNG
    fry 5.PNG
    127.7 KB · Views: 118
  • fry 6.PNG
    fry 6.PNG
    278.8 KB · Views: 115
Last edited:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back