More Scottish Greywhacke bedrock

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°

Fishfinder1973

Fishaholic
Reaction score
65D743C5-3707-4E68-9E5C-36065E7B1E78.png

This rock has quartz veins running through it in all directions and thereā€™s a faint reddish tint to it that shows oxidising,so there is a little iron going on.Like I said before,these quartz veins can harbour gold,but Iā€™m not breaking it open to find out.

3C9D0251-C23B-47B8-A03F-281D5E1F9DFB.png

The tall rock at the back is by far my favourite bit.This is a very big and very heavy slice that has sheered off the mother lode.
To get an idea of its size those denison barbs are around 5 inch in length.

6E03D6F9-AC94-4780-954B-882CDBB4290D.png

1560F735-99A7-42A5-8A32-D67FDC91021B.png

Thereā€™s not much greenery going on in there,but I think the bedrock should be there to see,not hidden behind plants.I have attached a few anubias and bolbitis which shouldnā€™t hide the rock.The only thing Iā€™m unsure if us the placement of the rocks.Would the giant bit be better in the middle of the tank.What would you do?

Iā€™d duel island keeping the large rock to the left and build around it then a smaller island just off to the right hand side , would leave you spaces to plant without covering the stone , thatā€™s what Iā€™d do and more than likely hate it ahahah . I like what you have already done the lack of plants doesnā€™t even effect the scape in my opinion

Looks really good! Reminds me of frodostone which is about Ā£7.50 per kilo!! Have you thought of going into business haha šŸ˜‚

Wills

Looks really good! Reminds me of frodostone which is about Ā£7.50 per kilo!! Have you thought of going into business haha šŸ˜‚

Wills
Well this stuff is heavy and the big piece weighs in at around 15 kilo,and I have it freestanding,but it shouldnā€™t move.I would get hung,drawn and quartered if I went into business by selling the river rocks ,I mean could you imagine the anglers reactions to their river being depleted of places for the fish too hidešŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

Well this stuff is heavy and the big piece weighs in at around 15 kilo,and I have it freestanding,but it shouldnā€™t move.I would get hung,drawn and quartered if I went into business by selling the river rocks ,I mean could you imagine the anglers reactions to their river being depleted of places for the fish too hidešŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚
Yeah it is kind of illegal as well lol...

Well rivers have banks,so when the powers that be come knocking accusing me of stealing river rocks and taking them home on more than one occasion I will pass it off as a series of innocent ā€œ bank transfers ma ludā€
I don't know...in the States, bank robbing is a pretty serious offense. :lol:

Thanks Double Dutch.
Iā€™d duel island keeping the large rock to the left and build around it then a smaller island just off to the right hand side , would leave you spaces to plant without covering the stone , thatā€™s what Iā€™d do and more than likely hate it ahahah . I like what you have already done the lack of plants doesnā€™t even effect the scape in my opinion
That was my original plan guyb93.I was planning to put the big rock to the right with some small ones around it and the next biggest to the right I might just rearrange once I have time,to hopefully show it's full potential.
Great minds think alikešŸ‘

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back