More rescues. *sigh*

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

SirMinion

Sexy Martha Fahaka
Retired Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
A friend of ours is a cichlid nut has a lovely big tank full of discus. He likes to breed his discuss and has had moderate success.
He also has a large Malawi set-up. Very nice.

He recently bought, on impluse two blue-dyed parrots (didn't know they were dyed untill I told him, he was horrified) and added them to the malawi tank where they got the crap beaten out of them. So out of the malawi tank they went and his discuss are far too delicate and precious to him to risk having the parrots in there.

He says the LFS won't take the parrots back, and he knew that we have a new freshly cycled tank sitting empty so....

Anyway, we now have our first ever cichlid tank and these two guys are settling in.

When the blue colour fades, they hopefully will still have their black spots.
Even though I am dead against the dying of fish, I have to admit, these two are very endearing.

The tanks a little bare at the moment, as we weren't expecting any fish in it untill it had been aquascaped!
parrot1.jpg

parrot2.jpg

parrot3.jpg

parrot4.jpg

wow!good on you for saving them :clap:
great pics too...as always :p :thumbs:

so are you planning on keeping them or taking him back to another lfs?

DD

EDIT:woops theres two

Dwarf_Dude said:
wow!good on you for saving him :clap:
great pics too...as always :p :thumbs:

so are you planning on keeping him or taking him back to another lfs?

DD
We'll keep them now. They've been messed aoound enough. We'll give them a good home for life.

Ahhh, they are so cute :wub: At least they've got a good home now.

cometcattle said:
They act like aquatic dogs. You'll love 'em! :nod:
Now theres a vision I am gonna be stuck with all day :lol: How big do they grow, can I keep them in a 5g LOL.

Nice rescue Sir, I love cichlids.

Jon

Nice one yet again!!

I went to sea pets yesterday and the fahakas were in a sorry state, the biggest looking one that i could see looked asif he had some kind of fungus on it. I could only see 2 though.

Another tank you have :blink: ....how big is this one?.

How big is your house? I think I've lost track of how many tanks you have, and I'm sooo jealous. :drool: I just got offered a 5g with which I wanted to make a DP tank, but my boyfriend says I already have too many tanks [a 15g, a 2.5, and then three betta bowls] so I have to give it back. I keep mentioning how many you have and he's like 'You NEED your furniture!' :lol:

Those parrots are gorgeous though, even though they've been dyed. Their faces are probably the cutest thing I have ever seen. Every time I go to my LFS I stand there and stare at this giant parrot tank they have, full of orange ones. They all swim right over to where I'm standing, and just kinda bob on an angle and stare with that little fishy grin of theirs.

Soooo cute! :wub: :wub: :wub:

Ah goodness........look at those little sweeties!!!!!!

They are endearing aren't they.

I have 2 BPs and they by FAR have more personality then any of the other fish. Probably because they are cichlids!!

Good luck!! Just remember that Parrots LOVE hidey holes!!!!!!! ;) ;) ;) :wub: :wub: :wub:

jflowers said:
cometcattle said:
They act like aquatic dogs. You'll love 'em! :nod:
Now theres a vision I am gonna be stuck with all day :lol: How big do they grow, can I keep them in a 5g LOL.

Jon
fool! they grow to about 8 inches!! NO you cant keep tem in a 5 g :blink:

nice bp's minion! your gonna love em' one thing ive found with alot of bp's is that they like their food to come to them, theyre lazy, so sinking some flakes can be benificial, its acually hard to find bp's without being dyed, sad..... how big is the tank?

fufanu360 said:
:blink: Eek, don't you think that's a little harsh? Not everyone knows the full grown size of all fish, that's why he asked. :no:

Beautiful fish SirMinion, they certainly have something adorable about their little faces. :wub:

apart from being dyed, those are wonderful looking parrots. i like their look better than the ones that have more pronounced "beaks". as far as them being lazy and liking their food to come to them, mine are all over the tank always begging. i fed them by hand a couple times and now whenever i use the gravel vac, they're always poking around my hand expecting food :D

fufanu360 said:
jflowers said:
cometcattle said:
They act like aquatic dogs.  You'll love 'em! :nod:

Jon

nice bp's minion! your gonna love em' one thing ive found with alot of bp's is that they like their food to come to them, theyre lazy, so sinking some flakes can be benificial, its acually hard to find bp's without being dyed, sad..... how big is the tank?
I suggest you read my post fufanu360, properly this time. Do you see the quote in it? I was asking about aquatic dogs fool :p

Jon

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back