More New Fish

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

lljdma's suggestion of the square fry tanks is a really good one, I think.

I am going to be interested in your and Inchy's experience mixing them with other fish. Bryan warned me to be careful of that, because of their size and, as lljdma says, the Brochis bumbling.

They come up to look at me now and study me. I think they are just hungry. Their noses are white from pressing them to the glass. They try to push through the glass to get across to the splenden, pantanalensis, sterbai tank. They are like birds flapping against a window to get out.

lljdma's suggestion of the square fry tanks is a really good one, I think.

I am going to be interested in your and Inchy's experience mixing them with other fish. Bryan warned me to be careful of that, because of their size and, as lljdma says, the Brochis bumbling.

They come up to look at me now and study me. I think they are just hungry. Their noses are white from pressing them to the glass. They try to push through the glass to get across to the splenden, pantanalensis, sterbai tank. They are like birds flapping against a window to get out.

Im just keeping the Brochis in the tank without other fish. The up against the glass thing must be normal because mine are always swimming along the glass too.

I fed mine live black worms today. First time I have ever had them. They went crazy! I fed my other cories them too and they all loved them. Its fun to watch them wrestle them down :good:

My brochis love blackworms. They slurp them up like kids eating spaghetti! I can hardly believe how many worms they and the C. narcissus, can put away in each meal.

Here's some pictures of them with the narcissus:

10-15-07CnarcissusBmultiradiatus3.jpg

10-15-07CnarcissusBmultiradiatus4.jpg

10-15-07CnarcissusBmultiradiatus.jpg

I think there's just too much fish, given their bulk, in this 29 gallon tank to keep them together very long. I'm going to have to do some shifting around or, more likely, get another tank or two. I just don't know where to put it though. :lol:

Very nice fish! I have wanted some of those C. narcissus for a while. They are pretty big, because I know they Brochis are big and the C. narcissus dont look small in that tank.

As for all the fish, I think it will be fine. Ive got the 6 britskii and multiradiatus in a 29 gallon too. They seem to be ok. They stay together in a tight group, so I would like to get them a bigger tank at some point too.

I fed my C. weitzmani some blackworms yesterday too. They really enjoyed them. Bryan told me like 2 years ago to get some, but I didnt listen. I should have :rolleyes:

I fed mine live black worms today. First time I have ever had them. They went crazy! I fed my other cories them too and they all loved them. Its fun to watch them wrestle them down :good:

:nod: :wub:

I hope I didn't offend lljdma.... :look: :unsure:

Why would I be offended? :huh: That's great that you posted the measurements as the website you linked to is in my favorite places. :D My remaining pulcher, however, has chosen to ignore them. The pulcher I lost was nearly 4 inches long and this one is about 3 and a little. It kind of stinks losing the big one, as I don't know if Bryan will ever get them in that big again. Sometimes you can get variations in size within a species. I'd really love some B. multiradius, but I just don't have the money nor the time now. So, I live vicarously throught my cory crazy friends with their like a zillion corydoras taking over their homes. :lol:

llj

Inchy's the one who told me a few years ago and then Bryan gave me a local source. I feed most of my tanks blackworms. My last pick up was 3lbs. But with the multis and pants I will probably move on up to 3.5 lbs a month. Even my Moba fronts like them, but they could eat 1/2 a lb a day. :hyper: So they get New Life Spectrum.

Nice pics :kewlpics:

Hi Barracuda518

Nice Brochis and Weitzmani addition you have looking very healthy. :unsure:

Inchworm also your Brochis and C. narcissus look wonderful and health. :rolleyes:

PC 1963! Hey! Welcome! Missed you!

How about my B. multiradiatus? :rolleyes:

Thank you jollysue. It has been some issue with my Cory and lost quite a bit of them and kind of discouraged. But today do some major clean up and trying to get them back in shape again.

Hope every body doning well. :good:

Hi PC1963 :)

It's so good to see you back on the forum again! :flowers:

I can well understand how losing fish can make a person sad and discouraged. It happened to me too, but looking back, perhaps it seemed worse than it was. I'm back here too, even though for a while I didn't think I would ever be.

I'll be looking forward to reading your posts and hope to see some pictures too. :D

Hi Barracuda518

Nice Brochis and Weitzmani addition you have looking very healthy. :unsure:

Inchworm also your Brochis and C. narcissus look wonderful and health. :rolleyes:

Thanks PC1963. As you know, I have been after these fish for a while. I understand about losing fish. I have lost several in one of my tanks over the last week or so. Ive learned that is going to happen, no matter how much time you spend taking care of them.

Yes, it is part of the hobby to lose fish and also to understand the discouragement and embarrassment and hiding that sometimes follows.

The hobby takes a stout heart.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back