More New Corals! :s

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

lewiss

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Uh oh!! More new corals arrived for me today!! :S got... to... stop... But... can't... :lol:
2 scolymia's, one at a bargain price of £40 but it's tiny! A war coral and a blue sponge.. Just gunna open the box now, photo's to be added soon!! :drool:

My mint scoly:
15c6cf14.jpg

My Red scoly
9a61cfa5.jpg

A Red and Green War Coral
8b6fef02.jpg

And my Blue Sponge (soooo good)
c2caf1a9.jpg

Here's my tank!
2338bd25.jpg

Photo's aren't great as just been messing around with it putting them in etc and it's all cloudy :( but soon I'll post better photo's!! :D

Love the blue sponge mate! how much did that set you back if you dont mind me asking of course :p

Sponge is a real stunner, it's gonna want the same feeding as your other azoox's. You didn't expose it to the air at all did you?

air gets into the tiny chambers int the sponge and causes it to rot from inside, all sponges should stay submerged at all times.

Hello! Wow - didn't think this would get much interest, just me wanting to share my news!! LOL

I got them on special request from reef gems .com - the guy David is absolutely brilliant, he can get ANYTHING! He's well priced too, and discounts if you buy a lot.

the green scoly was £40
The red (sold as a acan maxima) but as I know from Nemo - this is a scoly - £100
War coral - £120
Blue sponge - £40

Very happy with my purchases! Ordered from him before, he sent a bright purple and green trac for £100 which is about 5 inchs and really rare - it doesn't photograph well at all for some reason but is magnificent.

If anyone has a particular coral or invert they want he can get it, just pm me and I'll send you his email! :)

Oh yeh my favourite maze coral was from him too - the only blue maze I've ever seen!!

Oh yeh - I didn't expose to air at all, I was aware! I emailed the guy too and said 'I'm sure you know but please please please don't expose it to air at all!!' and he emailed back saying he was just typing the same email to me :p

I had a blue sponge frag which died from air explosure due to my powerhead creating bubbles in the water, died the next day! So learnt the hard way! I'm your apprentice to the dark side Sorgan!!

:) becoming a master in your own right fella, that's another sponge I want a bit of :)

Will sort that out for you - it's massive as you can see! I believe you literally just cut it with a sharp object - is that right?

I might have come up with a huge invention or it might exist - I hope it exists! Can I buy something to feed my azoox's slowly - like a dosing thing that feeds them for me throughout the day??

Great corals - I love the Scoly, hoping to get some when I upgrade!

In regards to a doser, you could use a dosing pump like a GHL (I believe there are cheaper versions on ebay which do the same thing for less dosh ;)) or you could use a reptile drip system like in the link below:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Zoo-Reptile-Little-Dripper-70oz/dp/B0002AQE6C

HTH :good:

Lewis there is loads of ways to do it, the above doser is good but not cheap but there are other methods.
I use a peri pump that's on a time clock, this runs for 1 minute every few hours and doses dilute liquid food.
I also use reef paste, you stick it in a low flow area and over the course of the day it melts.
Drip feeders are another option, just be aware with the more you feed your tank the harder your parameters will be to keep nice.... My tank is a pretty inhospitable place to be if your not a softie or an azoox coral.

Regarding the sponge I am pretty sure they are just a slash and stick variety of fragging

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back