more help

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

lilslim321

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
my jack dempseys will eat then puke it all back up and they do this everytime they eat. i was wonderign y they are puking it back up and if they are even getting anything out of the food they puke up. is this normal or are they sick? please everyone i need opinions about this. thanx bye,
WILL

Will,
When you say "Puke it up" do you mean they take some food in their mouth, kinda roll it around and then spit it out.

Or do you mean they actually puke it up after swallowing it?

It is not uncommon for fish to do the former as this is sometimes an indication they just don't like the food. Whether it's the taste, the texture or what there is just something that does not appeal to them. Try a different brand of food and if this doesn't stop the behaviour then try not feeding them for a day and then see what happens.

By the way what do you feed them??

I should have also added that the habit or behaviour of chewing up some food then spitting it out could also indicate an intestinal problem.

This is evident in cases of bloat. Now I am not trying to alarm you since bloat is not as common with S/C American cichlids as it is with African cichlids.

Just thought this info deserved some merit to be posted.

they will like eat it and then like 10 seconds after they eat it they spit it all back out. i tried to take the pacu back to the lfs and they said they couldnt take it back cause my gouramie and puffer had tore his fins and stuff up way to bad. so i am stuck with him now. i feed them wardley color flakes. and i feed them cichlid pellets. all my fish love the food but the jd's spit it all back out. i am so confused on this.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back