More fry, trap occupied!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

mrnewbie

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
my dilema is this , i have a 10 gallon cycling atm , i have fry that r just over 2 weeks old they are aprox 1cm maybe a little bit bigger, they are in the breeding net , i now have another guppy almost ready to give birth and i need the net ,
so do u think they existing 2 week old fry will be ok released into the guppy tank ?

No thay will be eaten if there are not many hinding places.

your lucky all my baby guppys died, i have about 10 swimming about in the tank and their about a week old they seem to be ok cos they hide in the plants. My opinion is to let them roam free in the tank and let nature do the rest..

You could always nip to the LFS and get another breeding net... They are under £3.00

I released my Guppy fry into my main tank (See sig) and they were about 7 mm long. they did fine after some initial interest and a week later+ they are all alive :p

I dont even use a breeder net and most stay alive. Of course some of my frogs eat the fry. Keeps the population down.

try getting a baby hideout the float to the top and the babies hide on there and no other fish can get to them. You can get them at the lfs.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back