More fish have been moved to the pool

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

emeraldking

Staff member
Global Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
More batches of livebearers went outdoors in the backyard...
IMG_5899.JPGIMG_5866.JPGIMG_5867.JPGIMG_5874.JPGIMG_5897.JPGIMG_5882.JPGIMG_5886.JPGIMG_5893.JPG

Your neighbors kids ever ask you if they can swim in your pool? :lol:

It looks great. ;)
My neighbors kids are all over 20 years of age... They may swim in their own pool... 😝
how do you make the water safe for the fish? frequent water changes? Do you have a filter?
Nope. The water becomes natural when kept outdoors with the wind blowing over the surface and the pond plants in it. I've never used a filter system in all of my outdoor tubs, tanks and pool. Nature will take care of it all. I only add water when too much water evaporates. That's all. I'm doing this outdoor fish keeping ever since the mid 1980's. You really don't need that much to keep those fish healthy outdoors. We're mostly "too careful" with those fish... Most fish can tolerate much more than we think...
Just once in a while I use a net to skim dirt or leaves from the surface. That's all...
That is awesome ! Wish I could have something like that but the Homeowners Association says no dice. Insurance liability. Yeah right.
Well, that's a shame... Maybe you need to do this in a sneaky way... And don't tell them...

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back