More corys but which ones?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Check online too, you can order some in from some places, but unsure whats available in the UK.

And yeah, weitzmani corydoras were considered the "Holy Grail" of corydoras back in the mid 2000s so they used to be even more expensive than they are now.

Be aware that Adolfoi need extremely soft water compared to the other corydoras species.
18-90ppm is their GH range.

My local pets at home have “Black Corydoras” for sale at the moment. They’re black all over apart from underneath which looked to be grey/white.
Has anyone any idea of their Latin name or what theyre more commonly known as if not “Black corydoras” as I’ve searched for them but not found anything definitive?

My local pets at home have “Black Corydoras” for sale at the moment. They’re black all over apart from underneath which looked to be grey/white.
Has anyone any idea of their Latin name or what theyre more commonly known as if not “Black corydoras” as I’ve searched for them but not found anything definitive?
Corydoras Schultzei, some say is just a form of Corydoras Aeneus.
Also commonly called black Venezuela Corydoras but is not the same as Corydoras Venezuelanus

That's why its best to stick with binomial names. Shops just make up names, and its the only way to be certain of what you are buying.

That's why its best to stick with binomial names. Shops just make up names, and its the only way to be certain of what you are buying.
Yeah.
I’ve noticed that with the two local garden centre LFS, MA, PAH, ebay and internet shops. Gouramis especially seem to attract made up on the spot names.

The Black Corys I mention upthread have black fins yet other black Corys I’d seen on internet had lighter fins. They look great but if wanting to keep to good hardness issues then the naming becomes a problem.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back