Moorish & Pakistan Butterfly

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

mohd

Reaction score
People here judge Moorish idol and Pakistan butterfly fish could not be kept in aquarium, Due to their diet and inhabiting only in ideal water quality.
Have any used to keep both spices sucesfully? If so, Please give me the suggestion and detail how to feed them with dry food and avoid them from white spot.

I've also heard they are very difficult to be kept happy in captivity, they are fussy and specific feeders and you really must have perfect quality water. I hope someone can help you, do you own both of these or are you considering them?

I've also heard they are very difficult to be kept happy in captivity, they are fussy and specific feeders and you really must have perfect quality water. I hope someone can help you, do you own both of these or are you considering them?
Yes, both spicies would be considered to be kept in my displaying tank. It's going to tell our customer where the good fish they can find in our shop....!

You might wanna PM the moderator Navarre about those fish. I THINK he's kept them before and he might be able to give you some specifics on what he did with them.

One of my Pals is lucky enough to have a pair of Idols that he has had in his tank for a few years now, cant remember what he is feeding but I will find out

I think his case is the exeption & not the rule - Idols would defo be my 1st choice of fish but I dont want to be another statistic in the mortality rate of Idols

i did work at seaquarium at one stage and they have kept 2 moorish idols succesfully.
tricks include greens they love there greens
when you give it frozen food place a block near the moorish idol.
another problem with them is that they tend to not get enough nutrients
so a vet gave them i diet supplement called gel diet this stuff is packed full of good stuff. though it can be tricky to get it to feed at first on this stuff persevere because it is truely great stuff.
good luck hope this helps :good:

Idols are very tricky to keep alive.
Pakistani butterflies however are much easier to deal with IME. I have found that they will readily accept most frozen foods. This fish however isnt considered reef safe.

Most reactions

Back