Moorish Idols

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

bodasafa

Reaction score
i seen a moorish idol for the first time in my life today it was at a store that i realy dont go to alot my lfs was out of frozen krill so i tried this place they had a moorish idol there i asked the fish dude there about it and he said (oh you dont want that fish it dosnt eat we get them in about once a year and they die in about a month there pretty much just for show)it made me sick to my stomick i told him i would never be in his store agin and i was going to try and call the news and see if they would do a story on it he told me to get out lol..that is sad though this fish is picked from its happy home just to sit it his tank and die why wont they eat is there anything you can do to make them eat maybe he just isnot doing something
i love fish and it makes me sad to think about this fish dieing for nothing he is so beautiful to i think that if only experts can work with this fish than there sould be a band aganst saleing them to anyone no good enough to take care of them have anyone of you seen a moorish and was it eating :no:

morish idols do well in large established systems and should be available to order only. it is just irasponsable to order them in just for show. belive it or not, there are many fish like this such as manderins which also need loads of life and a 6 month old or older tank to live happily as they will normally only eat live food available from live rock.

ste :)

That's sad...... My friend at the LFS told me about Moorish idols and how they are very hard to keep, they never get them. He recommended me getting a Heniochus, they look almost like the Moorish idols and are easy to keep.

Most reactions

trending

Back