Moonlight Gourami Suddenly Dead

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

sheree

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I bought a moonlight about 4 weeks ago and even though she didn't seem to settle down as fast as some others i have introduced and was rather skitish, after a few days she seemed fine. I also have a female boosemani and between them they always chased each other though on other occassions they readily swam together with no problems. The moonlight was fine yesterday, feeding nothing appeared wrong at all yet this morning i woke up and she had died. No obvious damage, no problems with water paras (last 30% water change was only 3 days ago). Could the boosemani have been a bit more of a bully this time?

Hi can you give some more info please?

Water stats in ammonia, nitrIte and nitrAte, ph also if you have it.
Size of tank in litres?
Other fish and how many of each?
How long has the tank been set up?
How often do you do water changes?

Moonlights can die if the water conditions are less than perfect (or close to it.) In my experience they like water no less that 79 degrees F with soft acidic water. They love food mine ate for 20 minutes straight and just worked it off in a couple of days.
Having excellent filtration is a must I suggest both a power and under gravel filter for a tank with one Moonlight Gourami. They need a spacious tank and for each specimen have 10 gallons open instead of the one inch per gallon.

Example:
10 gallon: 1 Moonlight
20 gallon: 2 Moonlights
Etc. Etc.

Or:
30 gallon:
1 Moonlight(10)
1 Boseami (at least 5 in of room)
(15 in. of other fish)

Most reactions

trending

Back