Monty Python's Flying Circus !

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Back in the fold

That One Guy
Reaction score
This is classic comedy . I know our UK members are devotees but there is a whole younger generation that have missed the boat. My favorite episode of all features a character known as The Nasty Vicar. Anybody seen it ? Then there's The Life of Brian. If you have never heard of Monty Pythons Flying Circus then I fart in your general direction.

I remember it well. I think it was on about the same years SNL was funny. In fact I think it aired after SNL, later at night.

This is classic comedy . I know our UK members are devotees but there is a whole younger generation that have missed the boat. My favorite episode of all features a character known as The Nasty Vicar. Anybody seen it ? Then there's The Life of Brian. If you have never heard of Monty Pythons Flying Circus then I fart in your general direction.
Love it 😂

image.jpeg

And now for something completely different ...

Years ago we had to watch one of those mind-numbing corporate videos, this one to bring home the new focus of Cash is King!
To my amazement and delight, the presenter was none other than John Cleese. The only corp training video I have ever payed close attention to.

There's so many good ones but one of my favourite has to be the dead parrot sketch....it has me in literal stitches everytime!

If it wasn't nailed to the perch it would be pushing up the daisies...this is an ex-parrot! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

...I cut down trees, I skip and jump, I like to press wild flowers! 🎶

It's hard with great comedy, because it gets imitated and when you go back to it, it doesn't seem fresh. The end song in Life of Brian still gets me, as does, well, a lot of it. Some of their work hasn't worn well, but times change. The Holy Grail almost killed me when I saw it in theatres.

Rob Ager is a excellent movie analyst (much more than a critic), for those that have the time, I recommend his videos, e.g.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back