Monte Carlo help

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to enter! šŸ†

ypopal

Reaction score
I bought some Monte Carlo off eBay and for 15 dollars I got 3 bundles. Pretty big scam cuz they came in a paper towel very small bundles Iā€™m a beginner and this s my first tank. I really donā€™t know how to plant it. Itā€™s yellow too. I just planted best I could but roots are exposed. Iā€™m dry starting this tank. I also threw little bits and pieces hoping itā€™ll grow. Basically Iā€™m wondering if my Monte Carlo will grow like this with the roots and exposed and it being yellow

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    444.7 KB · Views: 49
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    392.5 KB · Views: 48
It looks a bit poorly but there are some sprigs of hope. The big question is, were the plants grown submerged or emerged. If they are daughters off a submerged plant, they will likely melt back further doing a dry method. Perhaps why they look as rough as they do, or prolonged shipping?

It looks a bit poorly but there are some sprigs of hope. The big question is, were the plants grown submerged or emerged. If they are daughters off a submerged plant, they will likely melt back further doing a dry method. Perhaps why they look as rough as they do, or prolonged shipping?
Itā€™s been 8 days thatā€™s probably why. should I just ask for a refund? If not, will they grow even when the roots are exposed? Because it wasnā€™t in tissue culture it was just tangled in a paper towel.

Itā€™s been 8 days thatā€™s probably why. should I just ask for a refund? If not, will they grow even when the roots are exposed? Because it wasnā€™t in tissue culture it was just tangled in a paper towel.
8 days is a while. Try to get the roots into the substrate as best you can, tweezers help. The little yellow bits with no root will likely rot, so remove them. You can always ask for a refund, send the pics to the seller. There is no harm in asking, some sellers will refund or send replacements...others, not so much. That is the risk of buying something on Ebay. If they are going to make it, they will need some TLC, I think you are starting behind the 8 ball with these but it is not a complete loss as there are bits of green so after a few weeks you may have the same amount of plant you began with, except green.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back