Monsters By Moonlight

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

gasmask

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I picked up a Nigerian Endlicheri yesterday from the guys at http://big-in.jp

As I do with most new Bichirs, I give a few days of only having the "moonlight" blue lights on.
I think Bichirs can look great under a blue light, and mine become super active and hunter like in this light.

Thought I would share some pics of the new girl, and some others in her tank by moonlight.

Nigerian Endli: (colors and patterning not come out yet, but nice shaped head and great pectoral fins!)
IMG_3147.JPG

IMG_3160.JPG

IMG_3183.JPG

IMG_3187.JPG

IMG_3193.JPG

Congicus I got the other day: (brutal face on this girl!)
IMG_3151.JPG

Some more bigger Congis:
IMG_3204.JPG

IMG_3203.JPG

Teugelsi: (glows under blue light!)
IMG_3188.JPG

Cat of the tank: (bully)
IMG_3180.JPG

Queen of the "heavens": (she keeps the whole tank in shape)
IMG_3198.JPG

Loads more monsters in there, will take more pics again soon.

Cheers for looking!

They are incredible!

I love how there's just nothing but predators in the tdank, no plants no rocks no nothing!

Moonlight blue seems to give an eerie sort of look to the tank aswell, you must get through a fair few crickets!

I don't know much about these kinds of fish, but wouldn't they like some shade or hiding places? They do look very healthy.

Look great! Love the Aro, as I mentioned in one of your previous threads. What species is 'the bully' Cat? Just out of interest :good:

James.

I don't know much about these kinds of fish, but wouldn't they like some shade or hiding places? They do look very healthy.

These fish are big. Some of them VERY big.
Decor tends to get smashed around the place, sometimes injuring them.

I do have some nice branched wood that is curing in my pond I will put in at some point, and I will add some rounded rocks from the Congo river soon, but that's it. No plants, shelters or anything else.

Bichirs when young and small benefit from shelter, but Large adults enjoy laying next to /on top of each other in "carpet" effect.

Look great! Love the Aro, as I mentioned in one of your previous threads. What species is 'the bully' Cat? Just out of interest :good:

James.

That's a "Flash" Juruense. A variant of Brachyplatystoma Juruense.

nice pictures, love the arow, something i've always fancied but the only tank i can house it in doesnt have a lid :(

You evil person! You made me want your Cat, your Aro, your Tank! Everything!

The tank isn't that special. Just big box. Wish I could go mad with plants and stuff, but they just destroy everything within minutes!

And I promise, you would not want the credit card bill on livestock, the water and electricity bills and the back breaking maintenance that comes with it!

The tank isn't that special. Just big box. Wish I could go mad with plants and stuff, but they just destroy everything within minutes!

And I promise, you would not want the credit card bill on livestock, the water and electricity bills and the back breaking maintenance that comes with it!

I work at a farm so the 'Back Breaking Maintenance' wouldn't be that bad... I still want everthing!

Wow....
Just on research not practice i can see how hard you work for you tank, its really paid off and looks briliant. Well done

I had mine in a planted set up for a wile and they didn't do to much damage, if something spooked them and they went shooting around the tank they uprooted a few but apart from that not to bad. Not sure how the juranse is with plants though

When you have more than 20 large Bichirs in the tank, trust me things get destroyed!

The juruense would be fine with plants, spends all day "surfing" the jet stream from the pump, doesn't move much.

When you have more than 20 large Bichirs in the tank, trust me things get destroyed!

The juruense would be fine with plants, spends all day "surfing" the jet stream from the pump, doesn't move much.
Think i had about 5 or 6 when i had mine planted, would probly be ok once theyve rooted in well but itd be getting them to that point

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back