The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Mizz_MayDK

Reaction score
I'm looking for some kind of monitoring system that will meassure eg. pH, nitrate, nitrite, temperature, tds etc.
I have a TDS meter, digital thermometers in each tank and different chemical test sets to test for nitrate, nitrite and pH. I'd really like some kind of monitor or electronic tester with them all combined. I've found a lot of systems for saltwater aquariums but none for freshwater.
Any suggestions?

Apart from that - I'm not sure about the TDS meter ... I use the aquaticlog app and in there it tells me that I should keep the TDS level between 0.0 and 4.0 ppm .... my meter indicates that the value for my corner tank is 421 ppm ... is it insanely high or are the decimals just wrong?

Also ... in aquaticlog you can enter values for sooooooo many different elements like boron, copper, phoshate, potassium etc.
Which are important in freshwater tanks?

TDS meters are pointless for aquarium use. They tell you how much is dissolved in the water but not what is dissolved in the water. They include everything in the water.

Can the salt water probes be used in fresh water?

Also ... in aquaticlog you can enter values for sooooooo many different elements like boron, copper, phoshate, potassium etc.
Which are important in freshwater tanks?
If you have any of these substances in your aquarium, you either add aquarium plant fertiliser or have toxic tap water.

You don't want boron, phosphates or copper in any aquarium. A small amount of potassium is ok if you have a heavily planted tank but only if it's from a n aquarium plant fertiliser.

Copper will kill invertebrates like snails and shrimp. However, it also kills external protozoan infections like white spot, velvet, costia, chilodonella and trichodina.

Long term exposure to copper damages the kidneys.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back