Mom and Daughter New Member Hellos

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Fishinhoney

Reaction score
Hello,
Thank you for any help we receive in advance. We are newish to hobby aquariums and we are hoping to come here when we have questions or need help. We have a 10 Gallon tank that has been running for 2 1/2 weeks with just plants. Yesterday we added 2 Black Velvet Mollies, 2 Dalmatian Mollies and 4 Neon Tetras for my daughters birthday. Look forward to our discussions!

Hi and welcome to TFF... :hi:
Feel free to post any questions that are needed...

Welcome to the forum! I would test your water for the hardness... Mollies are hard water while neon tetras are soft water. If soft water fish are housed in hard water it leads to kidney failure... And vice versa.

Welcome to TFF.

Since you just added several fish to a small tank, and it has not been running long, I suggest that you test your water daily. If either your ammonia OR nitrite levels are greater than 0 (zero), do a 75%-80% water change immediately with conditioned water. Repeat daily testing and water changes if required until the ammonia/nitrite levels remain at zero.

Update: 4 Mollies and some small danios 3 cherry barbs all healthy and very happy. 4 live plants. Have been testing the water daily and have optimal conditions. Getting a bigger tank this weekend and cycling for a month to move them up to a bigger habitat. Thanks for all of the advice.

Most reactions

Back