Molly

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Matty24

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hello guys looking for an answer and some advice I have a sailfin molly looking under the weather I don't know what I should do I will attach some photos.

20221028_160648.jpg
20221028_160441.jpg

Poor fish, that doesn't look to good.
It would be very helpful if you could give the water parameters, and maybe a photo from the side.
Personally, it looks like some kind of fungal growth.

It's been a nightmare took me 2 days to catch him again in a planted tank, fish has only even in the tank a week ordered some online from trop Co, I sent them a few photos as I just started off as a little patch on its head they said it was stress related add some salt to the aquarium and he should be OK but its 3 times bigger and as the photos show it doesn't look good, the other 4 fish I received are all doing really well, only done a water change yesterday so ammonia etc are all 0 ph is always around 7 and my waters very hard, ive tired a photo from the side but he was in a round bowl at the time of the photos so you couldn't see

Not alot of help now, obviously, but after having issues with TropCo a few years ago I would absolutely never recommend them for fish

They are frequently undersize, diseased and generally....as in my own case....live days or a couple of weeks and the firm does absolutely nothing useful, not even on DOA fish

Not alot of help now, obviously, but after having issues with TropCo a few years ago I would absolutely never recommend them for fish

They are frequently undersize, diseased and generally....as in my own case....live days or a couple of weeks and the firm does absolutely nothing useful, not even on DOA fish
That sounds like my luck right there 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

That sounds like my luck right there 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️
I bought a batch of fish from there, various species. Half were DOA and the rest went within 3 weeks of arriving.

The company tried to place the blame onto me....which was impossible with the DOA's and as for the rest, they were obviously sick and I took photos of them all in their bags....so to try and blame the fishkeeper, did not go down well. I actually reported them to their licencing authority for selling underage, undersized and sick fish.

If that Molly is in the aquarium with other fish, you might want to get it out of there and keep it away from the others. If no spare aquarium, something like a bucket will do

Going by previous experience with the company, I have doubts that it will live long, so getting it away from the others might save those.

I bought a batch of fish from there, various species. Half were DOA and the rest went within 3 weeks of arriving.

The company tried to place the blame onto me....which was impossible with the DOA's and as for the rest, they were obviously sick and I took photos of them all in their bags....so to try and blame the fishkeeper, did not go down well. I actually reported them to their licencing authority for selling underage, undersized and sick fish.
To be fair I asked for 2 silver sailfin females.. and I got 2 silver males Instead.. 🤦‍♂️

To be fair I asked for 2 silver sailfin females.. and I got 2 silver males Instead.. 🤦‍♂️
After they sent me bad fish I found somewhere else, who I swear by cos the company has never sent a bad fish in over 8 years, Aquatics To Your Door...and Sims Tropical Fish, who have an equally good record with me for the last 4 years

If that Molly is in the aquarium with other fish, you might want to get it out of there and keep it away from the others. If no spare aquarium, something like a bucket will do

Going by previous experience with the company, I have doubts that it will live long, so getting it away from the others might save those.
Yes I removed him soon as I could catch him hes in a tank on his own now

After they sent me bad fish I found somewhere else, who I swear by cos the company has never sent a bad fish in over 8 years, Aquatics To Your Door...and Sims Tropical Fish, who have an equally good record with me for the last 4 years
I spoke to sims but he wouldn't do a mixed bundle of fish it was more 5x this fish or 5x that fish and I really wanted 1 plain black male sailfin no local shops had them unfortunately

It could a form of Columnaris. It's known that this usually occurs at the mouth. But it can also affect scales. Then they can look whitish. Mostly caused by a bacterium called Flavobacterium columnare. If this is the case, salt could help. But a photo from the side would help as well to determine the problem.

I would treat him with salt. Sailfins are salt tolerant.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back