Molly with super red gill

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Loganfish

Reaction score
Hi!
I have a pet molly with a super red Gill and I was wondering what is wrong with it and if I can put it with other fish. It was in a ten gallon but it is quarantining in a five gallon. The water levels are fine and the fish is eating.
4EDF1A2F-A3E9-4E34-B30E-61362631E0D4.jpeg

Hi! Keep in quarantined for now, make sure to do large daily water changes since it's only a 5g and in case there is a health problem.

Is the gill on his other side also red? Or just the one side?

Want to make sure it isn't something like gill flukes before putting him with other fish, but sometimes the gills are just more visible on paler fish. I personally cannot tell which it might be, so hopefully @Colin_T can help out here, or @emeraldking , our livebearer expert!

When you say the water is fine, what do you mean? Can you give us numbers for ammonia/nitrite/nitrate/GH etc please?

The redness is only on one side and the water in the quarantine tank is 0 nitrate and nitrite and about 169 to 180 ph

Gh is fine and ammonia I can’t test with my strips but their is no sign of ammonia

can you post some more pictures and maybe a video of the fish?

It could be the fish has less pigment in the gill cover on that side, or there is a water quality issue.

sorry, can't tell anything form the picture. the fish needs to be in focus.

take a bunch of pictures and check them on the computer. post a couple that are in focus. :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back