Molly pregnant?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°

ThatFishGirl6231

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Is my female molly pregnant? If so when do we think sheā€™ll give birth. Itā€™s very possible sheā€™s pregnant bc i have 2 male mollies and 1 male guppy in the tank.

Attachments

• 7B2DF77B-CCA4-4A04-A184-E018F17EC385.jpeg
    7B2DF77B-CCA4-4A04-A184-E018F17EC385.jpeg
    232.1 KB · Views: 49
Is my female molly pregnant? If so when do we think sheā€™ll give birth. Itā€™s very possible sheā€™s pregnant bc i have 2 male mollies and 1 male guppy in the tank.
yep she's boxed off or whatever they call it
her belly is square

Hi. I'm no expert but I do have 3 female and 2 male mollies and have had one of my mollies give birth 2 times and going by the pic you posted it does not appear to be pregnant. Having said that,you know the appearance of your fish on a daily basis. If it seems that her belly has gotten bigger recently then she most likely is pregnant. As far as giving birth it's very hard to put a time to it because mollies can actually sort of pick when they are ready. If she is not feeling safe she can wait to decide to birth the fry. But a sign that she is close and a good time to separate her from the rest of the tank is when she develops a bulge below her gills and her underside will become sorta square like. By square i mean her bulge or rounded belly will look more squared . from my experiences i would strongly recommend a net breeder as opposed to the plastic floating breeders. For 1 the slits in most floating birthing boxes are to big and the fry end up in the tank

iā€™ll be more specific sorry. Iā€™ve seen males try to get her pregnant VERY MANY times. She had her last batch of fry 4/21/21 so itā€™s been 2 months. Her last batch I think was only 5 and it was her first batch.

iā€™ll be more specific sorry. Iā€™ve seen males try to get her pregnant VERY MANY times. She had her last batch of fry 4/21/21 so itā€™s been 2 months. Her last batch I think was only 5 and it was her first batch.
ok then usually they give birth each month. so 2 months is normal i guess

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back