Is She Pregnant?

• Total voters
Reaction score
E88F0FBD-1239-47DD-8720-2525292B2795.jpeg
B55C998B-0C5D-47F6-BA52-9B039E72A6BC.jpeg
C6B7A08D-57D1-472E-97FB-6D0448AA149D.jpeg
D1F8B5EE-A0B5-4F55-ABA1-3335B36DE7B0.jpeg
02286B61-215E-4889-9978-986650F740DD.jpeg

Iā€™m not 100% sure but I think my molly is pregnant?
Iā€™m not sure because she doesnt look huge but she does look bigger than the other fish did at the pet store (which is why I got her, I thought she was cute but now Iā€™m nervous lol) and her belly is kind of squared off I think?

Iā€™ve had her for four days and yesterday, she developed a little bump right in front of her anal fin (you can see in the first and last pictures) and I thought that may mean something so I moved her to the temporary breeding tank that I set up for her when I first thought she may be pregnant, three days ago.
She started pooping a lot last night and Iā€™ve heard people say that may be a sign too but Iā€™m not sure.

Is anyone able to tell? If so, how long until she drops them?

It's possible. If she is she's not gonna drop probably for another 2ish weeks so I wouldn't separate her. It is pretty hard to tell if you haven't had her for long so no guarantees that I'm right!

It's possible. If she is she's not gonna drop probably for another 2ish weeks so I wouldn't separate her. It is pretty hard to tell if you haven't had her for long so no guarantees that I'm right!
I did end up moving her back into the bigger tank, she seemed sad that she was separated lol but now shes swimming around like normal. I moved the baby grass into the big tank with her in case she does have them, then the fry have somewhere to hide. However, if she seems to show any symptoms or anything in the next week or so then Iā€™ll move her back. Iā€™d prefer to be able to raise the babies then have them get eaten.

thanks!

Yeah that sounds like a plan. The breeder nets and boxes are extremely stressful for them so it's not great to have them in there for extended periods of time:) good luck

Most reactions

trending

Back