molly not eating

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

nirvanarama

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
ive had my molly since sunday and she hasnt been eating. she hasnt accepted anything ive offered her (tetra ruby flake food or frozen bloodworm) but she keeps "eating" the bubbles out of my oxygenator. plz help!!
:blink:
Thanks! :)

mollies prefer a diet with lots of veggie matter like algae, cooked and shelled peas, algae wafers etc. try giving the molly boiled peas with the shell taken off or a piece of boiled cucumber, that may help. Most fish are shy the first few days and will come into their own over time. Is this molly the only one you have? Is the tank cycled? WHat are the parameters?

Mollies do better if you have atleast three. Also how long have you had your tank going??? It could be that you have high ammonia or the ph may not be the way it should be.. how big is your tank??? Answer some of these questions and mabey someone can help you a little better. And one more thing Mollies like a little salt in thier water also.. Add some if you dont have any scaless fish..

ammonia: 0
nitrite: 0.1-0.2
gettin a nitrate kit this weekend

the tanks been running for just over a month now. i was planning to put some slat in but a mod said that tetras cant tolerate salt.

ok thanks for the feeding advice :D
one more thing, will they eat lettuce?

you might want to take it back and get a healthy one.just a thought.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back