Molly having fry and... laying eggs?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

corylover5

Fish Herder
Reaction score
I have a female chocolate molly who started having fry tonight. I added lots of hiding places and floating plants for the fry. One of my males seemed to be harassing my female so I was keeping a close eye on her to make sure he didn't stress her too much. I noticed every time she had a few fry she would lay a golden colored egg? It is not an underdeveloped fry. I scooped it out and put it in a container and it looks exactly like a small, golden round egg. I will post pics of the 2 I collected in the morning. She laid at least 5 of these eggs that I saw. I am pretty confused. Are these eggs? If so could I hatch them? Thanks in advance.

Edit: I just collected 4 more eggs she had

Last edited:
The fry all look completely normal. In fact some of them seem a bit larger than Normal
that's good the fry look normal and are ok the males usually harass the females sadly the eggs will not hatch.
I move all my gravid females about a week before their due to give birth i put them in a tank /container by themselves it gives them rest and peace once given birth she can be removed the fry are then left to be growing on

Last edited:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back