Molly gave birth

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

beach

Reaction score
My molly gave birth today, this was at least her 3rd time. I knew she was due any day. I was going to let nature takes it course with not separating her from the tank and sadly letting the other fish have a snack. I already have 18 fry in a different tank from the last time. I just don't have room for any more fry. I was then planning on moving her to a different tank so she would not be constantly pregnant. I had to run some errands and when I came home I could not find her in the tank. I figured she was hiding to give birth. I was able to find a couple little fry, but no mama. She is no where to be found, like gone!!! I have a few guppies and 2 glow tetras. Is there any chance that in the 2 hours I was gone she gave birth, died and the other fish ate her. One of the Glow tetras looks like he has had a super big meal. My husband noticed that. Looks like he over ate!! I was ok with the fry being little snacks for my other fish, I just didn't expect them to snack on the mama fish too. Boy, fish life can be brutal. They don't show you that in Finding Nemo!!!

OMG she literally just showed up. I looked that tank over and over and couldn't find her. she is a lot skinnier now. The glow tetra must have really enjoyed the snack.

I wish my glow light tetra had fry like my platy and guppies do. Live bearers really can over run a tank with fry if you let them.

Most reactions

Back