Molly gave birth, need advice!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°

Stefan3289

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Hello all,

So I noticed today my Molly, who I didnā€™t know was pregnant as I was treating the tank for intestinal worms I thought she just had a lot of worms and bloated, laid fry. Iā€™ve counted 4 of them, and Iā€™m not sure what I should do now. I donā€™t have a nursery tank, and nor will my parents let me set one up, but I have a breeder net. No one seems to be bothering them in the tank they usually hang out in the plants or swim around the top none of the other mollies make an attempt to chase or eat them. Iā€™d love to try to take care of them and then give them away when they get a little bigger as I donā€™t have any room for them. Whatā€™s some advice on keeping them in the situation Iā€™m in (or should I just try to give the fry away, last thing Iā€™d want is for them to die). Iā€™ve had angel fish in the past and they spawned a few times, I managed to keep a few of them alive by the time I noticed before the parents ate them and gave them away.

Hello all,

So I noticed today my Molly, who I didnā€™t know was pregnant as I was treating the tank for intestinal worms I thought she just had a lot of worms and bloated, laid fry. Iā€™ve counted 4 of them, and Iā€™m not sure what I should do now. I donā€™t have a nursery tank, and nor will my parents let me set one up, but I have a breeder net. No one seems to be bothering them in the tank they usually hang out in the plants or swim around the top none of the other mollies make an attempt to chase or eat them. Iā€™d love to try to take care of them and then give them away when they get a little bigger as I donā€™t have any room for them. Whatā€™s some advice on keeping them in the situation Iā€™m in (or should I just try to give the fry away, last thing Iā€™d want is for them to die). Iā€™ve had angel fish in the past and they spawned a few times, I managed to keep a few of them alive by the time I noticed before the parents ate them and gave them away.
do you have a photo of the tank?
what fish are in the tank?
put them in the breeder net until they are not a bite-sized snack for larger fish

do you have a photo of the tank?
what fish are in the tank?
put them in the breeder net until they are not a bite-sized snack for larger fish
Yes Iā€™ll put a photo of the tank. The stock is there are 7 mollies (not full grown) and also 6 cories, and 2 assassin snails.
Iā€™ll put them in a breeder net then they are very good at hiding in the plants itā€™s hard to see them unless they come out. What should I feed them? Should I crush up the veggie flakes I feed the adults or I also have frozen brine shrimp I can mush

Attachments

• 7AC399E8-4702-4A4B-821C-4FB9757024D6.jpeg
    7AC399E8-4702-4A4B-821C-4FB9757024D6.jpeg
    329.9 KB · Views: 16
If no other fish is bothering them, I'd let them stay in there.

Yes Iā€™ll put a photo of the tank. The stock is there are 7 mollies (not full grown) and also 6 cories, and 2 assassin snails.
Iā€™ll put them in a breeder net then they are very good at hiding in the plants itā€™s hard to see them unless they come out. What should I feed them? Should I crush up the veggie flakes I feed the adults or I also have frozen brine shrimp I can mush
If no other fish is bothering them, I'd let them stay in there.
yeah, there seems to be enough cover and no other predators

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back