Molly Fish Stuck on Filter Inlet

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Does it matter if I have different types of mollies? As I have some standard mollies and some silverfin and Dalmatian?

Sorry about your fish, that sucks, the fish store should know better than to sell you improper ratios, sadly most dont or dont care:(
That is so true: at the big stores (sadly, even at some smaller ones) nobody knows anything any more. I could never work in one of those places; I'd make everybody fill out an adoption form and submit to a home visit before they could buy so much as a generic guppy from me.

That is so true: at the big stores (sadly, even at some smaller ones) nobody knows anything any more. I could never work in one of those places; I'd make everybody fill out an adoption form and submit to a home visit before they could buy so much as a generic guppy from me.
Lol i went to a fish store in SF owned by a sweet old japanese couple. All i wanted was an Amano shrimp and the owner took me through the ringer asking about my tank water other fish wanted me to bring in a water sample to make sure i was providing a suitable home for the shrimp. It was a little annoying but appreciated how thorough he was and how much he cared. I actually back in the day worked at PetSmart, i got in trouble from my manager all the time for refusing to sell people fish that werent suitable for their tanks after they insisted a full grown oranda would be fine in their 5 gallon tank...

@utahfish can you help with this please buddy
They should be ok as long as you stick to the ratio, platys and mollies will also cross breed, which will produce, "mutts" but hey if your not a purist no worries, if one doesnt want any babies just get all females and hope none of them are pregnant:)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back