Molly chasing tail? has white spot

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Cocoa19

Reaction score
hi there! so my brother just got a black Molly last week to go with other 2 Molly's in his 20L tank. the day after we got her she came out in white spot which we treated but had issues with the heater which kept going up and down and now we have a 2nd heater to help keep the temp steady, because of this the white spot came back after adding aquarium salt and has now affected his yellow Molly. but just before I went in and she was spinning in circles chasing her tail? she seems fine other then her white spot and I just did a 50% water change adding some more salt to the tank. water levels are fine but I thought maybe this is just something she does but I have never had a fish do this? is it serious? she's rather happy otherwise and loves to come nibble your finger and follow you around the tank all happy.

Attachments

• 20170701_172838.jpg
    20170701_172838.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 115
ok, you could try the anit-white spot stuff, its not very expensive

ok, you could try the anit-white spot stuff, its not very expensive
we are using a white spot chemical today as it's been about 2 weeks and with salt and heat rise they are no better

I've had great results in the past with with spot treatment. That should work well for you.

Your mollies would really benefit from a larger tank, 20 liters is much too small for mollies. Overcrowding and stress from confined quarters can weaken them and make them more susceptible to catching things like white spot.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Most reactions

trending

Back