Mollies ill

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Lankyjsg

Reaction score
Hiya I've got to mollies onr black and one orange and black

The black one has in the water very grey/green belly

The orange and black one is covered in white spots but it's not like any white spot I've ever seen wasnt sure if it was ich or something else

Thanks for the help

Attachments

• IMG_20200912_115612.jpg
    IMG_20200912_115612.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_20200912_115447.jpg
    IMG_20200912_115447.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_20200912_115445.jpg
    IMG_20200912_115445.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_20200912_115443_1.jpg
    IMG_20200912_115443_1.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_20200912_115435.jpg
    IMG_20200912_115435.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_20200912_115443.jpg
    IMG_20200912_115443.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 107
@AdoraBelle Dearheart has a brilliant template, once this gets her attention and she kindly posts the template, you will need to fill it in to give us more information about your tank and we’ll be able to help:)
Oh I can't take credit for the template! That's from the forum, when you go to the tropical emergencies section, the pinned thread is "start here with your emergency", the template is from there! Just copy/paste when someone missed it :D

OP, it looks like ich to me, the heat and salt methods are the best treatment.

not sure about the belly thing though, can you get a pic of the fish in the tank just normally, not being held?

Also yes, @FishBearer9845 is right that the template gives us really useful info we need in order to be able to help. Since we can't see the tank and fish or run tests ourselves, the more info you can give us, the better! Just copy paste the template and fill in what you can :)

Tank size:
pH:
ammonia:
nitrite:
nitrate:
kH:
gH:
tank temp:

Fish Symptoms (include full description including lesion, color, location, fish behavior):

Volume and Frequency of water changes:

Chemical Additives or Media in your tank:

Tank inhabitants:

Recent additions to your tank (living or decoration):

Exposure to chemicals:

Digital photo (include if possible):

@AdoraBelle Dearheart take the credit anyway, I’ve certainly learned something today
Hahaha! I still won't take credit for creating the template :p But I'm happy you and hopefully others now know where to find it and can share in copy pasting it for people :D It's so much easier than typing out the same questions each time, and covers all the bases!

Oh I can't take credit for the template! That's from the forum, when you go to the tropical emergencies section, the pinned thread is "start here with your emergency", the template is from there! Just copy/paste when someone missed it :D

OP, it looks like ich to me, the heat and salt methods are the best treatment.

not sure about the belly thing though, can you get a pic of the fish in the tank just normally, not being held?

Also yes, @FishBearer9845 is right that the template gives us really useful info we need in order to be able to help. Since we can't see the tank and fish or run tests ourselves, the more info you can give us, the better! Just copy paste the template and fill in what you can :)

Tank size:
pH:
ammonia:
nitrite:
nitrate:
kH:
gH:
tank temp:

Fish Symptoms (include full description including lesion, color, location, fish behavior):

Volume and Frequency of water changes:

Chemical Additives or Media in your tank:

Tank inhabitants:

Recent additions to your tank (living or decoration):

Exposure to chemicals:

Digital photo (include if possible):

Yeah sure no problem i can remember that for next time,

I thought it might've been ich but there's no new additions and and my nitrate/nitrite are on and I've added another photo

Attachments

• IMG_20200912_132409.jpg
    IMG_20200912_132409.jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 64
Yeah sure no problem i can remember that for next time,

I thought it might've been ich but there's no new additions and and my nitrate/nitrite are on and I've added another photo
If you can fill out the template now, it'll still help us this time!

You don't have t have introduced anything new for ich to appear. Ich is often present in most tanks, it's just usually not a problem for fish to fight it off, until they become stressed or ill or something triggers them to become more vulnerable, and then an outbreak happens. It's a big reason that fish often get ich when moved to a new home. It's not like catching a disease from a store, it's that they're stressed and more vulnerable to it.

What do you mean that nitrite/nitrate are on?

The spots don't look quite right for ich, but we have recently learned of another disease which has white spots.
Can I suggest you look at this
and compare your fish to the photos there.
Unfortunately, the article suggests that the fish should be treated with antibiotics which we can't get in the UK without prescription.

If after reading the article, you feel it is ich, the best treatment is to raise the temperature to 30 deg C for 2 weeks. Do a big water change first, and hoover the bottom of the tank. Refill with water warmer than usual and turn the heater up. After 2 weeks, turn the heater back down and le the temperature fall slowly.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back