Modified Fish...

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I'm afraid I take everything I read/hear in todays media with a very large pinch of salt :crazy:

Yes, scientists want new stuff to happen and all that jazz, but what is the need?:L Just leave nature as it is!

I suppose for that kind of purpose it is a positive breakthrough however i dont think theirs any need for modified fish in aquaria

In all honesty, they're pointless. If you think about it, it only shows that the water is polluted, not how much. To work out how much, they'll have to do separate tests, which will tell them if it is/isnt anyway.

At best, its a colourful way to waste money and alienate a fish from its kind when released....

In all honesty, they're pointless. If you think about it, it only shows that the water is polluted, not how much. To work out how much, they'll have to do separate tests, which will tell them if it is/isnt anyway.

At best, its a colourful way to waste money and alienate a fish from its kind when released....

+1

Colour variations that have been bred out of certain strains of fish species I can cope with but I don't think I could ever have a genetically modified fish in my tank. I can see what they're working towards here and yes I agree there has to have been some breakthrough thinking gone on for this to happen however morally, I'm just not completely sound with it.

Can't see how this helps as British Waterways test rivers and canals for pollutants all the time.

Good point. its not like they can activly allow the danio to live in the river and then start panicking when the start lowing as the danio cant survive in our rivers. so they have to take a water sample, drop the danio in it, see if it glows, thentest the water. y not just test the sample..... im assuming by zebra fish that they mean zebra danio

Good point. its not like they can activly allow the danio to live in the river and then start panicking when the start lowing as the danio cant survive in our rivers. so they have to take a water sample, drop the danio in it, see if it glows, thentest the water. y not just test the sample..... im assuming by zebra fish that they mean zebra danio

Yeah, Zebra Danios are commonly used for research like this, sadly.

Just looked a little further into this. Cannot find anything to do with the "esteemed Prof. Charles Taylor" anywhere on the web, nor the photo's, or any reference to this research other than The Suns website.

On that basis, £5er now saw its a load if rubbish, and a cool bit of photoshop work.... I should stop reading my news from comics...

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back