The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

And this parenting forum had a multinational membership of several thousand members of a mixed age group ranging from early teens to retirement and covered a huge genre of different types of parenting which all require different knowledge and skills did it ?

That is like comparing apples to pears i'm afraid, while the moderating here certainly isnt difficult it is far from easy too and especially in the summer months when the kids are off school and bored and at christmas when many new fishkeepers enter the hobby.

Hey not all kids are bad, I'm 15 and I'm on all the time not just the summer and I've even been asked a couple times if I'm really a kid because I type like the adults not the hey r u ready 4 xmas break........

Honestly it seems topics like how do you become a mod and such come up a lot but really as long as you have enough UK mods for when UK members dominant the board and vice-versa for US (no offense but those are the largest homes for members) then everything is fine, and really I don't ever see anything not really geting done, every time I'm on(sometime like William, not visible) I always see a moderator on.

atm, the simple fact that people mistake you for an adult should indicate that you are an exception for your age group :p the sad fact is that it really only takes a minority to give the majority a bad reputation.

we really ought to find one of the better "can i be a mod?" topics and pin it here. there was a really good one a few weeks ago, very tongue-in-cheek.

I used to admin on a forum as big as this one and it can be a lot of work. This board wouldn't be as hard to moderate but for the large number of members and specifically in the children to teenage range. The upside is there are relatively few trolls and trouble makers but a lot of "babysitting" to do which can try on anyone's patience.

Hey not all kids are bad, I'm 15 and I'm on all the time not just the summer and I've even been asked a couple times if I'm really a kid because I type like the adults not the hey r u ready 4 xmas break........

Same as me, but I'm 14... I personally think a few more mods would be a good thing. I'm not sure about everything else, but I sort of look up to the mods, especially in the sections I'm new in (saltwater). I think having a few more people to look up to wouldn't hurt. :unsure:

Since this is probably a good time to tell you all a life lession that I learned very quickly.

Enjoy being yourself. A hobby can turn into a job quicker then a blink of an eye. Hobbies are there to create a peaceful place where the torments of the day can be vented. If that Hobby is a job then how can you vent? In a nut shell, if you take up an administrative job, your "normal user" status is gone; and, in my case when I became an administrator in other hobby of mine. I started to lose interest. Enjoy being a normal user. Maybe some Mods enjoy being a Mod but...relaxing is just toooo good.

Thats my little diddy :fun:

Right Danno...now...which one of these 40 buttons do I push........SH

Right Danno...now...which one of these 40 buttons do I push........SH

he he he

i want more buttons, just 1 more.... go on, you know you want to! :hey: :D

you can make it a big red one saying 'do not press' if you like :D

Moderators have a different screen with more buttons once they are logged in to their powers and view/reply to a thread. It's no way near 40 extra buttons (we only have 'add reply' and 'preview post') which is where the joke was =P It's such a hard life being a moderator, isn't it SH? ;)

Sorry for the late post ,but, when do you get to vote for mods?

The existing mods decide who the new mods are, when the existing mods feel theres a need for new mods

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back