FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Slammin’ Aquascaping

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hey guys. I have been selectively breeding wild type neocaradina for 3 years now, and I absolutely outdid myself with acheiving store-grade pumpkin shrimp! Anyway, that is besides the point. I was wondering if anyone would know if I could mix them with orange rilis. If so, what would the offspring look like? No rush but I am EXTREMELY CURIOUS.

Hey guys. I have been selectively breeding wild type neocaradina for 3 years now, and I absolutely outdid myself with acheiving store-grade pumpkin shrimp! Anyway, that is besides the point. I was wondering if anyone would know if I could mix them with orange rilis. If so, what would the offspring look like? No rush but I am EXTREMELY CURIOUS.
maybe it will look like a rili but the clear parts are slightly orange?
it would be a cool experiment!
but maybe it will revert since you are mixing genes

From what I've read If you do breed two different types of neocaradinas when there's fish in the tack over time the offspring will revert to wild colours. I'm assuming Without fish they will probably have a some colours from both shrimp. However there is a risk a long stain will revert to the wild colours. caradinas have better results when they cross breed.

Last edited:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back