Mixing Meds...and Whitespot?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

liam74

Reaction score
Hi i am looking for some advice, at the moment i have started treatment for hair algae in my tank using INTERPET anti hair algae (have done one treatment), and i put some new fish in my tank about a week ago..a clown loach and 2 silver mollies, now some of my fish have started with white spot which must have been introduced by the new fish :( In the meantime one of the mollies has died for some unknown reason, no sign of it died of anything to see with the eye.

The whitespot treatment i have is waterlife protozin..can i use this with the hair algae treatment?

My tank is a 130 uk litre, i have a juwel compact filter, and a interpet no 1. All my water stats are spot on, i check it weekly.

pH - 7.2
Kh - 3
Gh - 3
Nitrites - 0
Nitrate - 25
Ammonia - 0

Fish in my tank are -

2 pink kissers (these have the most whitespot)
2 standard rams
2 angels
2 bullnose plecs
1 clown loach
1 silver molly
4 neons
4 x-rays

Also the angels, and rams dont seem to have any spots, is it worth moving them to a seperate fully cycled 2 foot tank? or will they need treating as well?

Also do i need to do a half treatment because of the plecs and loach? and what should i turn my temp to? it is 77 degrees at the moment.

Thanks

rm it shouldnt affect the procces but as the best bet ask at your LFS
Thanks
Mat

Not really advisable o mix meds, i would dilute the hair algae treatment down with a water change, then add half dose of whitespot med as you have a clown loach, which should be in a larger tank, plus they are only happy in groups, increase aeration as the med and highter temp will reduce 02 alot in the tank.

Oh no, i never knew clown loaches are supposed to be in a group :*) LFS never said, he seems quite happy though, once everything clear of whitespot i will try and do something about that, So i should do how much of a water change before adding med for WS?

hi all, i did the last treatment of "waterlife protozin" last night but now i am in need of a bit of advice, how long should i leave it before doing a water change ?

all the fish seem to be cleared of whitespot, and i have knocked the temp back down to 74, i am just a bit unsure of when to do a water change.

thanks in advance

regards

liam

Sometimes it better to carry on a week after things have cleared up just to be on the safe side, usually leave temp at 30 as well, but if things have cleared up do a water change, and just keep a watch out that is dosn't strike again, good luck.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back