Mixing Gourami

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

JCW_1

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I am reading conflicting opinions online about keeping dwarf gourami with honey gourami. Does anyone have experience keeping gourami?

I've got 4 honey Gourami and was thinking of adding two female dwarf, which I understand are less territorial than male. Could this work?

Alternatively, can you recommend a feature fish that will work with honey gourami, tetra & guppy.

112 ltr tank.

There are a few gourami species that can be housed together, but these are primarily the small and much rarer species. Tank size is a major factor, and with a 29g/112 liter tank, presumably 30 inches/75cm length, the four Honey Gourami are all you should consider. Totally aside from this, the Dwarf Gourami is a risk due to the iridovirus, and best avoided.

What species of tetra do you have in this tank, and how many? This is important, as not all small shoaling fish will co-exist peacefully with sedate fish like gourami.

There are a few gourami species that can be housed together, but these are primarily the small and much rarer species. Tank size is a major factor, and with a 29g/112 liter tank, presumably 30 inches/75cm length, the four Honey Gourami are all you should consider. Totally aside from this, the Dwarf Gourami is a risk due to the iridovirus, and best avoided.

What species of tetra do you have in this tank, and how many? This is important, as not all small shoaling fish will co-exist peacefully with sedate fish like gourami.

Tank is 80cmx35cmx40cm.

I have 4 corydoras, 3 young guppy, 12 young neon tetra - so far, no problems with 4 newly added honey gourami. I previously had Columbian tetra that turned super aggressive, so I returned to these to the store and replaced with 4 honey gourami. I think there is room for a few more.

Tank is 80cmx35cmx40cm.

I have 4 corydoras, 3 young guppy, 12 young neon tetra - so far, no problems with 4 newly added honey gourami. I previously had Columbian tetra that turned super aggressive, so I returned to these to the store and replaced with 4 honey gourami. I think there is room for a few more.

The Columbian proves my earlier comment about not all tetras working with gourami. The neon tetra should be OK, and 12 is a good number. You need to increase the corydoras though, they need in the 10-12 number (or more, there is space here), I just hope you have sand as cories need this.

What are the parameters, meaning GH, pH and temperature?

Parameters are PH 6 / temperature 25°C

I've got sand, but the four peppard corries I have don't stop eating - 12 might eat all my food stock! These are new and i'm just getting to know them, but I could probably add a few more.

Parameters are PH 6 / temperature 25°C

I've got sand, but the four peppard corries I have don't stop eating - 12 might eat all my food stock! These are new and i'm just getting to know them, but I could probably add a few more.

They need more to be in good health. Don't overfeed, many do.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back