Mixing Fertalizers

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Mikaila31

Always Watching
Reaction score
I'm going on vacation for 10-12 days i have someone taking care of my pets. I'm tring to make everything easy for her, Since she has 4 tanks, 2 cats, and a hedgehog to deal with. i was thinking of measuring all the fertalizer for her and puting it all in a zip lock bag. i'm not sure if it's safe to mix fertalizers though :( . they are all liquid , 2 are by kent and 2 are by seachem. Has anyone tried this before?

Hard to comment without knowing exactly what ferts you are dosing, but I've just read a post on another planted tank forum about mixing up Seachem flourish/excel/iron ferts ..... one of the guys who works at Seachem says it is OK, but recommend only mixing a weeks worth at a time and that some people say they have found it is better to dilute them with RO, DI or distilled water to prevent any cloudiness from occurring.

Another forum, another post and another guy from Seachem say's that with the Flourish line you can mix all of the supplements except for Flourish Phosphorous. It will cause many of the other nutrients to precipitate out.

So basically I suppose it depends on exactly what products you are using !

Mr G

thanks Mr G it sounds like it should work. The ferts are seachem flourish & flourish iron, Kent micro & potassium. i could mix the flourish in one bag and the kent in another.

Another thought ..... I dont really know much about it ( try a google search )

Eheim Liquidoser

Another forum, another post ... and a Seachem guy says it is suitable for automatic dosing of Seachem ferts !

I might even invest in one of these myself ( although in reality I'd actually need 4 ! )

Mr G

I wouldn't see a problem in mixing Flourish and Fl. Iron together-Flourish contains chelated iron already so adding some Fl. Iron to it should be a problem. As mentioned above, it is the tendency for PO4 to react, particularly with Fe which usually causes concern when dosing.

Nick

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back