Mixing Boesmani, Cichlids, Rainbow Shark, Petricola

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Ebargate

Reaction score
I'll soon be starting a new aquarium with a view to moving most of my current fish in, and, since falling in love with Petricola Catfish, i've started thinking about adding some African Cichlids as i hear they are ideal tankmates. My question is, can i mix my current fish with African Cichlids and if so, what are some suitable species which might do well in my tank? I've been in the hobby for a few years but never kept Cichlids of any kind so my knowledge on them as a species is very limited

Current 110L aquarium:
1 Rainbow Shark (Mature, 12cm)
4 Boesmani Rainbows (6cm)
1 Blue, 1 Red, 1 Parkinson's Rainbowfish (5-8cm)
5 Petricola Catfish (Juvenile, 5-7cm)
2 Kuhli Loaches (Mature)
2 Bristlenose Pleco (Juvenile/Mature)
1 Banjo Catfish (Mature, 12cm)

I hope to move all of the above except the Banjo Cat and Kuhli loaches (who will be joined by a large shoal of Neon Tetras), and also eventually add some tiger barbs or similar barbs if i feel that there is room for them

My new tank is 4ft and approx. 300 Litres so i'm only looking for smaller Cichlids that grow to a maximum of 20cm

If by African cichlids you mean rift lake cichlids, the answer is definitely no. These cichlids must have harder water, and they are feisty.

The kribensis cichlid is Central African and thus soft water, if you meant that.

Byron.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back