Missing shrimp question.

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Guppy10

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hi, I got 5 tiny Bloody Mary shrimplets for my well planted tank that only has 4 cory in it. Day2 and 1 was missing, day 3 another and so on until only 1 left. No bodies ever found, so could the little corys have eaten them ? The 1 left looks healthy so water is fine I assume ( tests good ). I assumed for some reason that corys would not bother them and tbh iv never seen one look interested in a shrimp when close by so it's a mystery ? The shrimps came by post and were alive but the lack of bodies swayed me to think like this, even though at first I assumed they were fragile and the different water or shock was to blame. At first they swam round and fed but kept going missing , any ideas ?

Could be either the cories ate it or they died and the cories ate the body

I had my cories eat most of a school of small neons so I wouldn't put it past them

Ah ok thanks. I can move the corys to my main tank as an option as I want to persevere with shrimps as not had them before ( and I don't like failure ) I'll wait til lockdown is over and get more locally ( local water etc ) to rule that out. Thanks

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back