Missing Scales

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Tempestuousfury

Fish Aficionado
Reaction score
One of my severums is 1-3" larger than the others and I noticed him ripping a few scales off another severum.

I'm giving him away, but what do you guys suggest I do about the scales? I have corydoras, and the general consensus is no salt, so... anything else (other than melafix)?

Plenty of water changes in a smaller tank. I've healed some really torn up angels with daily water changes of 50% and nothing more.

Your nitrifying bacteria reside mainly in the filter media, and to a small extent in the gravel and on the surfaces of other decorations, including the tank itself. Water changes of 50% or more are a normal thing for discus breeders, I do 50% daily on fry tanks for the first week or two.

I already do water changes once a week at about 50%, so I could probably bump it up to 2 or 3 times a week then. ;)

Severums are pretty tough.. so a couple scales isn't too big of a deal.. just keep the water clean and they should heal up fine.. I don't know if I'd be doing 50% a week.. seems kinda drastic.. I do 25% when I change water.. just in case the water in the tap is a bit diff then the tank water.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back