Missing Posts

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Good question. Where are they? Some of them were supposed to be my reference for the future when I start up. Not happy :(

Since the mods didnt want their work to make someone else money, they deleted them.

I understand their point, but it was a good reference for many of us :sad: Are other sections going to disappear too?

Hey William! I thought you sold up and moved on, but i guess not. Good to see you and hear that we may have those resources back!

There's no information resource out there that cannot be rewritten by knowledgeable people, so long as nobody is breaking any copyright issues.

Hi - yes will be trying to pop in, I hope that we can get the resources back, I don't want to promise anything, but will try our best. In the meantime newly created topics should be ok!

This may or may not be relevant, but I noticed that the default settings on the board changed for me randomly a day or two ago and I had to set them again manually. I logged in and it looked like the entire salty section had been reduced to a handful of threads...until I had my coffee and realized that the filter options at the bottom of the screen had been reset. This has happened to me a couple of times before during my years here (correlating with changes to the board if I recall, but it was at least 2 years back the last time it happened), so I thought I'd toss it out there just in case the same thing happened to anyone else. I don't know what causes it since cookie clears and such have never had any effect on that feature for me.

I no longer work as mod here, so I'm in the dark as to what has happened. I'm sure the new team will fix it.

L

I no longer work as mod here, so I'm in the dark as to what has happened. I'm sure the new team will fix it.

L
Thanks L - a lot of posts have been deleted by someone from TFF. We will have to try and restore them from back-ups, but some posts may be permanently lost. This will take time because each post will have to be manually restored, as if we reverted to the entire back-up prior to the deletion, then any posts made since then would be lost. It's really unfair because the topics and posts were by members who were in no way involved in any dispute.

Donya - thanks for the help to others, I have also now reset this particular forum and a couple of other salty ones to display all topics since inception.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back