FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Emilyanne1

Reaction score
Morning,

bit of a weird one but our bristlenose plec has gone missing! We’ve searched high and low, done a water change to see if he was under the ornaments and nothing. He was there yesterday morning and now he’s gone we are stumped!

has anyone had this before? Even if the other fish have eaten him there’s no bone in the tank

anything will be appreciated! X

That happened to me before, as well...albino BNP made it into one of my HOB's...it was small at the time...gave up on it, figured it had been eaten...went to clean the filter about a week later, dumped it into the sink, and out she came!...she had somehow managed to get UNDER the plate in the HOB where the intake pipe sits...

Hence why mine is called Anne frank , would take 10ss soldiers to find it

I would check in the filter. Mine used to crawl inside the internal filter, it was insane.

They can stay out of water for long periods of time, assuming their gills are moist.
External filters FTW! Though... worrying about your tiny little fish getting sucked up into the filter parts isn't the best when you're cleaning out the little net part (can't think of what it's called lol). Still better than internal!

Oh fantastic, look at that!
I use them on every one of my filters, easy to clean with an old toothbrush and hot water, lasts a very long time, keeps shrimp and fry out of my filters.
Much tidier and neater looking than old nasty sponges...

External filters FTW! Though... worrying about your tiny little fish getting sucked up into the filter parts isn't the best when you're cleaning out the little net part (can't think of what it's called lol). Still better than internal!
The water level was low at that time, and he managed to crawl up 2 inches out of the water, over the lip, and into the filter. I was very amazed that he managed to do that. ?

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back