Missing Fish

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

TBLightningFan

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I had two pink damsels I recently purchased go missing on me. After I noticed the second one disappeared, the anemone was closed up really tight like he just found something big to eat. Are pink damsels prone to being eaten by an anemone? Its just weird they were there and suddenly gone. I know there is not a mantis, otherwise the spotted mandarin would have been gone long ago.

If I ever lose fish that are smaller then 1", is it worth disturbing all of my rock and corals to go hunting for it? Is it small enough of a loss to let the critters finish it off. Of course you normally want to remove a dead fish, but in this case I'm not even sure if it was the anemone that got them or not.

For now I was just going to keep an eye on ammonia and nitrate levels and see if they start to creep up. Right now my ammonia is zero and my nitrate is creeping down as I continue to do water changes. (It was over 80 shortly after I moved the tank when I bought it. The corals must have been adjusted to high nitrate levels because they are doing really well, and obviously the anemone may be doing really well for itself too.) :rolleyes:

Not worth hunting for. What kind of anemone is it? Did you check any filter boxes, or the carpet?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back