Missing fish (not found)

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

HLegend

Reaction score
Hi, so I bought some new fish in a pretty decent tank, a month ago, 1 of my sword-tailed fish was missing, I covered the top of the tank with clear plastic wrap and I also didn't block the air source. This type of fish are known to jump for no reason so I started looking everywhere but there was no sign of him, also not in the filter. Anybody has an idea of where the fish could be now? (so that it doesn't get smelly)

My dad said that it could be eaten by a rat/mouse, but there are no traces of mice anywhere.

I have found my lost guppy fish dead behind my filter, one of them was sucked into the power filter inlet when he was poorly and not strong enough to swim free. I had to take almost everything out of the tank before I found them, they became almost transparent which made them hard to see.

Glad you found him at least but sorry for your loss. I have had several in one particular tank just disappear never to be found again. I think they die at night and are picked to death before morning. Odd.

Any other fish in the tank?
Yes there where but they aren't hungry eaters, and there is no way they could eat in in less than 2 days (time I was in vacation), and there are no fish in the filter or behind it.

Edit:
It is a low water filter (small water sucking holes and barely any space for a fish to go behind the filter with suction cups behind it)

Last edited:
You'd be surprised how quickly a fish can be eaten. I had 4 rilli shrimp strip a carcass in a few hours when one died while I was at work and I knew it was alive when I left as I'd checked on it, all that was left to go was the head and spine.

You'd be surprised how quickly a fish can be eaten. I had 4 rilli shrimp strip a carcass in a few hours when one died while I was at work and I knew it was alive when I left as I'd checked on it, all that was left to go was the head and spine.
There were no bones dude :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

In my lifetime I've had two swordfish jump that I can remember vividly - one landed on the heater vent and mummified before I found him, the other turned up tangled in the tassels of a bedspread. Yours may have flipped his way into a crack in your floor? Sorry for your loss, but as the saying goes, "flush and move on."

In my lifetime I've had two swordfish jump that I can remember vividly - one landed on the heater vent and mummified before I found him, the other turned up tangled in the tassels of a bedspread. Yours may have flipped his way into a crack in your floor? Sorry for your loss, but as the saying goes, "flush and move on."
Umm, the problem is the floor is perfect

I still thing that an animal ate it tho, ants or rats.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back