Missing Cory! :(

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Inchyally

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I had 6 Albino Cories 2 days ago. Yesterday I fed them, and I could only find 5. I searched the whole tank, checked the filter, looked around the tank, gone. What could have happened? I checked again just now and it has vanished. :( All peacful tankmates - a small Pleco (will be moved) and 5 other Cories.

Ammonia - 0
Nitrite - 0
Nitrate - 5>

most probably died from the stress of the move...also some species of cory can send out toxins when stressed which will kill them...i think corydoras aneus are capable of doing this.
as i said most probably stress, it will probably have decomposed by now.

most probably died from the stress of the move...also some species of cory can send out toxins when stressed which will kill them...i think corydoras aneus are capable of doing this.
as i said most probably stress, it will probably have decomposed by now.

I didn't move the Cories. The only thing I moved was 1 decoration and some gravel to get mature media into my other tank, and no Cories were near when I did this. This was still in the 20g.

how long has your tank been set up?

sometimes fish will die randomly for some reason which your cant put your finger on, be it old age etc

but just to make sure...there is no sign of illness or disease?

how long has your tank been set up?

sometimes fish will die randomly for some reason which your cant put your finger on, be it old age etc

but just to make sure...there is no sign of illness or disease?

The tank has been set up since December. I put the Cories in at various times in batches of 2, so I can't remember when I put them in, some time between March or May/June. No illness, though one Cory seemed oddly thin (not sure of this was the one that died) but I did get it to eat. No illness otherwise.

Update... found some jelly-like thing in the tank, may have been the spine. :( R.I.P.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back