Missing cherry shrimps

david.molloy2009

Reaction score
I bought 4 cherry shrimps about 6 weeks ago. I can only find 2 now.

Current contents. 5 platy, 3 penguin tetra 2 neon tetra, 2 pearl danio 3 leopard danios 6 amino shrimps. 2 (was 4) cherry shrimp.

I had half the water and all the decorations out to plant some plants and I can only see 2 cherry's.
The substrate is sand.

Can the shrimps bury?
Would any of those occupants eat the cherry's? (I've see no body parts or waste.

Any advice would be appreciated, before I get some more cherry

Do you have a lid on your tank? I found a curled up dead amano shrimp in the corner of my utility room... The other side of the house from my tank! How on earth it got there I will never know! What I do know is that they jump out!

Do you have a lid on your tank? I found a curled up dead amano shrimp in the corner of my utility room... The other side of the house from my tank! How on earth it got there I will never know! What I do know is that they jump out!
Yeah my lid was on but a few times recently I've had decs out for maintenance so I'm thinking they have either jumped or been eaten

What kind of filter are you running? I found a RCS living in my canister filter last week when i cleaned it lol

When ever there is a shrimp all filter needs to have sponge cover in the water intake at least.
But yeah I suspects its meal for the fishes .

What kind of filter are you running? I found a RCS living in my canister filter last week when i cleaned it lol
Found about 20 in my HOB, when I took down my 29g tank - absolutely crazy. :rolleyes:

It’s possible they are hiding, are in the filter, or got eaten by the fish. I have witnessed my Neon Tetras eating small cherry shrimp, so this is very possible.

On several occasions I have had shrimp cling to decorations and plants outside the water. When I weed out the plants, I set them on the tank lid. Lifted the bundle of plants up, and there are 5 or six shrimp twitching on the puddle on the lid. Shook them back in and they were okay. Now I swish cut plants in the tank and in another bucket which is poured through a net before disposal.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back