Mint

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

emeraldking

Staff member
Global Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
Hi,

In my open paludarium (Campoma nr.3 endlers are in there), I use real plants on land. One in particular is the mint plant. There are mint plants that are pond plants. But I used the herb. It grows fantastic in there. And it smells nice.
And it's in half shade.

Attachments

• IMG_9695.JPG
    IMG_9695.JPG
    243.4 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_9696.JPG
    IMG_9696.JPG
    248.4 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_9697.JPG
    IMG_9697.JPG
    212.4 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_9698.JPG
    IMG_9698.JPG
    197.7 KB · Views: 86
Ooh, this is really pretty! How long has it taken you to get to this stage of growth?
Just a month. First there was a flesh eating plant. But that one died not that long ago. So, I've replaced it for a tiny mint plant. Although, it's been said not to keep the roots too wet, it uses the water in the paludarium. The roots just suck the water. And it looks only better the longer it's in there.

Very cool, you can break off a couple of leaves for iced tea (or mojitos) :drink:
And for making some ice tea, I'll use the water of the paludarium... ? You're invited!
Just the thought is refreshing! :)
At least, I can say, I've got fresh fish... They smell minty... ?

That’s cool! (Pun intended ;))

We used to have tons of mint plants like that in Louisiana. They were so refreshing. ?

Hi,

In my open paludarium (Campoma nr.3 endlers are in there), I use real plants on land. One in particular is the mint plant. There are mint plants that are pond plants. But I used the herb. It grows fantastic in there. And it smells nice.
And it's in half shade.
Mints are often good plants for shorelines, and along water courses. They thrive on disturbance too. Plus they grow fast. I wonder if they would make better nitrate sink plants than the ubiquitous pothos? Interesting experiment and intriguing possibilities.

First there was a flesh eating plant.
What did you have in there?

Mints are often good plants for shorelines, and along water courses. They thrive on disturbance too. Plus they grow fast. I wonder if they would make better nitrate sink plants than the ubiquitous pothos? Interesting experiment and intriguing possibilities.

What did you have in there?
Venus flytrap. During summer with flies, it's an interesting sight to watch those plants work like a clamp. And see how those toxins do their job.

The water part of the paludarium contains a reasonable number of Campoma nr.3 endlers. And they look fine despite of the overstock. I do think that the mint plant is a good filter.

Venus flytrap. During summer with flies, it's an interesting sight to watch those plants work like a clamp. And see how those toxins do their job.
Ah, yes. Those things do like a dormancy. Not happy long without one. Wouldn't imagine they would do very well in a paludarium setup over the long term for that reason alone. Unfortunate really.
The water part of the paludarium contains a reasonable number of Campoma nr.3 endlers. And they look fine despite of the overstock. I do think that the mint plant is a good filter.
That's good to know you experience with this. Thanks for sharing it! I don't currently have an plans for a plant like pothos in any of my tanks, but I might give mint a go if I ever do.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back