Reaction score
Hello,
I'm wondering if minnows can go in a 75g with
a few guppies
some swordtails
8 pearl gouramis
some cories
and some harlequin rasboras

the tank is really peaceful and the fry survival rate of the livebearers is very high
the filter is the only real killer (i found out and padded it)

By "minnows" i specifically mean White cloud mountain minnows and Rosy Minnows

Rosy feeders can grow and eat guppies or maybe harlequins. They sell them small as feeders. The rosy version can hit 3 inches, with a wide mouth. I've caught wilds in northern Canada (not rosy but natural colours - same species) at 4-5 inches with pretty robust bodies.

Both fish would be happier at 20c than at the usual tank temp of 25 or so. Extra warmth would probably shorten their lives - they are temperate not tropical.

Rosy feeders can grow and eat guppies or maybe harlequins. They sell them small as feeders. The rosy version can hit 3 inches, with a wide mouth. I've caught wilds in northern Canada (not rosy but natural colours - same species) at 4-5 inches with pretty robust bodies.

Both fish would be happier at 20c than at the usual tank temp of 25 or so. Extra warmth would probably shorten their lives - they are temperate not tropical.
would it be ok to keep them in my pond?
it is around 20 gallons

Your location is a fairly big country. Alaska? Florida?

Rosys would probably eat white clouds. You would also have to consider cover - that rosy mutation might make them some bird's supper. But probably, it could work.

Get paradise fish instead though. More fun.

Your location is a fairly big country. Alaska? Florida?

Rosys would probably eat white clouds. You would also have to consider cover - that rosy mutation might make them some bird's supper. But probably, it could work.

Get paradise fish instead though. More fun.
i am in us zone 9b
I don't know where I can get paradise fish though, and I don't want to buy online

"US zone 9b" makes me thjnk you are a large headed alien being held prisoner in an air force base somewhere. :rolleyes:

a 20 will not weather temp changes well. It isn't a lot of water. Where you place it, how shaded, etc would matter. I'm thinking rosy red feeders might get big for a 20 basin. What's your winter cold and summer hot range?

I'm in a garden zone 5b myself.

"US zone 9b" makes me thjnk you are a large headed alien being held prisoner in an air force base somewhere. :rolleyes:

a 20 will not weather temp changes well. It isn't a lot of water. Where you place it, how shaded, etc would matter. I'm thinking rosy red feeders might get big for a 20 basin. What's your winter cold and summer hot range?

I'm in a garden zone 5b myself.
that is right, I think i'll actually dig a hole in the ground to make a ground pot.
it can get to a little under 0, and sometimes 110 degrees for min/max

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back